Monday, August 2, 2010

An introduction...

      After much ado and delay I am finally writing my first blog post.  It has taken some time because I am a planner and perfectionist and wanted to make sure everything was just right before I started.  Eventually I realized if I didn't start writing I was never going to.  So at this point you may be asking yourself, okay she is starting this blog, but what is it all about?  I am hoping to share some of the lessons I have learned over the last several years through my DIY projects.  And as I continue to take on new projects I am sure I will learn some new lessons that I can share with my followers.  At the time of writing this first post I only have one follower, (thanks Mom) but am hoping one day to have tons and tons!  I guess that is what moms are for...supporting you before you even get started.

     About 4 years ago I bought my first house, at the young age of 23...  Within the first year I had managed to deconstruct and reconstruct several portions of my brand new construction home.  I mean really, who buys a brand new house and then tears it apart?  That's me.  I remember very vividly when the construction superintendant of my neighborhood walked by my house as I was hanging out of the whole I cut in my master bathroom wall.  I am sure he was saying some expletives about that crazy girl trying to put a window in her bathroom.  My neighbors have probably had some interesting comments about me as well...  They can all say what they want but I have a window in my bathroom and every girl knows that it is much better to get ready in the morning with natural light!

     Since then I have done more projects than I can even remember.  Some have been done and redone (master bath remodel), others I have brought people in to help when I was out of my element, and others have been a success from the start.  At the end of the day though, I have worked through it and have a house that I am proud of.  More importantly, I have done almost exclusively on my own.  That's not to say that I don't ask for help or take it when offered, but I never start on something that I don't believe I can do on my own.  I know there are plenty of other single girls out there who are working hard and get inspired make some home improvement.  I am here to say, go for it!  What's the worst that can happen?!  Hopefully some of my "tutorials" will help you along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment